June 9, 2011

an apron - sold!

i had an impromptu yard sale last weekend & wore one of my homemade aprons to stash all the cash.  a neighbor lady inquired about it, and she ended up custom-ordering one from me! i greatly undervalued/undersold it/my time, but i was so flattered that i didn't even care.  she wanted longer wrap-around straps & 2 pockets.  i completed it minutes ago, and just rode my bike up the street to hand-deliver my very first sewing sell!
i am still getting all my ducks in a row in order to set up an etsy shop, and i will be sure to keep you posted when this idea actually comes to fruition.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, this turned out great - good job! I bet she loves it! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope so. she DOES have a sarah palin sticker on her car, so you never can tell with those people. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, way to go! It looks awesome!!! I bought that same fabric for an apron for myself in the red/pink/blue color scheme! Did you use a pattern, or make it up as you went along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i started making aprons, i loosely followed something i had found online, but they've since evolved into their own thing. i've done a few different kinds & i'm trying to figure out which one works best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Love all your sewing projects and all the creativity that goes into it. Actually ALL your Panda Parables are amazing!!! Keep creating and having FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, thanks aunt cheryl! lots of love from tennessee!

    ReplyDelete